CTC uses ‘analytics’ cookies to help us make our website better for those who visit it regularly. They help us work out what users like and don’t like, as well as ways we can improve the website and its content for you.
Cookies are used for a variety of other reasons, for example – to safeguard your privacy when browsing the site. Cookies do not store your personal information such as your name, address, telephone or email.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Sites and to embed functionality from third party services. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, remember your preferences.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited on our Sites and others and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to manage cookies
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices will typically accept cookies.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our website works and if you block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all.
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See the cookies that have been set and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
When our website provides links to other websites, please bear in mind that third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies that will govern the use of any information you submit. We recommend you read their policies, as CTC is not responsible or liable for their privacy practices.
Main cookies used by CTC on our website
Google Analytics – this sets a cookie in order to evaluate your uses of the CTC website and compile reports for us on website activity. This cookie does not collect information that identifies an individual. For information on how to reject or delete these cookies see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may make changes to this Cookies Policy at any time by sending you an email with the modified terms of the policy or by posting a copy of them on our website.
More about your privacy