This statement sets out Colmore Tang’s commitment to the protection of the environment.
We will reduce our impact on the environment through careful and ethical selection of materials whilst being more efficient in our use of waste, water and energy usage.
This policy supports Colmore Tang’s Sustainability goals and describes our responsibility towards the environment. We are committed to this by:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental legislation, standards and other requirements associated with the sectors in which we operate;
- Setting environmental objectives and targets to manage significant environmental aspects;
- Promote environmental awareness amongst our staff, suppliers, contractors and partners;
- Preventing pollution and ensuring effective incident control, investigation and reporting where necessary;
- Reducing the impacts of noise and disturbance and promoting air quality;
- Minimising waste and water usage whilst protecting biodiversity and ecosystems;
- Selecting materials that are responsibly sourced;
- Working collaboratively with our staff, suppliers, contractors and partners to promote best practice and deliver a quality service that exceeds our customer’s expectations;
- Driving continual improvement of our environmental performance by ensuring effective management of our environmental impacts and
- Implementing and reviewing an environmental management system that complies with BS EN ISO 14001: 2015.
Project management and supervisory teams have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration by all employees and sub-contractors for all works.
This policy has been endorsed by the Board of Directors who give their full support to the implementation of the policy.